Tuesday, June 11, 2013

This is my first blog post for Mr. Sadler's blog about stuff.  The title is vague due to my vague notion as to what I will blog about and who, in the vast expanse of the inter webs, will stumble upon it.  In a very meta-blogging sense, I'm just not sure that I have it in me to successfully blog.  I can obviously physically make it happen in terms of design but I'm not sure I am extroverted enough or have the ego to assume that people will read or want to read my musings.  Nor do I think I have enough desire or time in my life that I will want to devote to continuing to add more musings.

With respect to the aspects of teaching, over which I feel like I have a decent mastery after 7 years, I expect that someone else has already blogged about them long ago.  I know I have beneficial experiences to share, but surely they're being shared by an already established blogger who will land at the top, pages before me, on the list of Google's search results.



So my next thought is to do what my dad has told me since my first year of teaching...that I should be writing down all of the significant things that happen during the adventures and misadventures of the teenage learners in my classroom.  Every time we talk he asks me what has happened that was funny or profound and I always have a story for him.  He enjoys them.  I enjoy them.  I enjoy telling them to him.  I think that in 20 years I will enjoy reading them.  I offer them to my friend Dave who is a screenwriter and he works many of them into a script that takes place in a high school.


Perhaps the exercise of the first blog post has actually led me to define what the "stuff" will be for future posts.  

Huh.  

Maybe this could work after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment